posted May 04, 2012 16:52:26 by firstname.lastname@example.org
You know the drill...
dpastro179 said May 04, 2012 19:27:43
1) Polonius tells Reynaldo to go spying on his son in Paris to know more about his activities.
22)Hamlet asks the First Player to play a song called Murder of Gonzago and he asks he could study a speech of 12-16 lines for him.
rsandhu123 said May 04, 2012 20:13:34
5. Reynaldo just wants Polonius to shut up. Polonius goes on and on, and Reynaldo gets sick of hearing him talk. He doesn't care about what he has to do as long as Polonius stops rambling to him.
6. Ophelia described him as being mad, like he had just returned from hell. He wore no hat; his shirt was unbuttoned; his stockings fell around his ankles; he was pale; his knees were knocking together. He acted very strangely and left without saying a word.
eking596 said May 07, 2012 00:24:44
4) Polonious in this scene shows that he's a pompous fellow who likes to hear himself talk and is untrusting to others, even his family.
14)Hamlet calls a Polonius a fish monger because thats his way of insulting him and his status.
Alex said May 07, 2012 05:48:37
3. By what trick is Reynaldo suppose to get information about Laertes?
Reynaldo is suppose to get information about Laertes by asking his friends and acquaintances if they've heard that Laertes has been, for example, gambling. He was suppose to do so in a manner to lead them into revealing any bad habits.
24. In the passage beginning with line 586, what plan does Hamlet devise?
Hamlet devices the plan to prove his Uncle guilty of his father's murder by having the acting troupe currently in town to perform a reenactment of his father's murder as told by the ghost. Hamlet will watch his uncle's reaction during the performance and use that as a basis for his conclusion on his uncle's involvement.
ejones193 said May 07, 2012 19:20:42
2. Polonius sends Reynaldo on this journey to find out more about his son's activities.
8. At the beginning of scene two, Claudius has sent for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern.
bbermiller488 said May 08, 2012 03:43:52
7. Polonius believes that his advice to Ophelia to stay away from Hamlet has made him go insane. He makes the decision to go to the King to speak his thoughts about this matter.
26. In Act 2, it seems that most everyone is spying on everyone. The King is spying on Hamlet Witt he help of Polonius, Rosencrantz, and Guildinstern. Hamlet, however, is spying on the King to see what he's up to.
sschrottner344 said May 09, 2012 00:25:58
9. Claudius sent for Rosencrantz and Guildenstern so they could spy on Hamlet.
10. Voltimand and Cornelius bring news that Norway is not going to attack Denmark, but they are going to go to war with Poland instead, and they want safe passage through Denmark.
emcmillan802 said May 09, 2012 00:56:31
11. Norway requests that Claudius Give them permission to cross to Poland.
18. They are traveling because they are no longer popular in the theatres. But they need to make pay somehow.
srowat502 said May 09, 2012 02:18:37
16. Hamlet feels Denmark is a prison because he feels confined in it. He goes on to say that, "there is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so. To me it is a prison."
19. Hamlet lets Rosencrantz and Guildenstern know that he thinks it is unnatural for people who once disliked Claudius-while Old Hamlet lived- now to adore him and pay money for just his picture.
tkostiuk372 said May 10, 2012 18:36:22
2. Polonius is suspicious of what Laertes is doing in France so he sends Reynaldo to spy on him.
12. It comes out as ironic because Polonius is known for his long, rambling speeches.
jarnouldbutler804 said May 10, 2012 20:08:13
1. Polonious is sending Renaldo to keep an eye on Laertes
20. Hamlet calls Polonious Jephthah, in reference that upon his victory, Jephthah sacraficed his daughter. Jephthah's daughter was his treasure, as two is Ophelia Polonious's tresure.
thill111 said May 11, 2012 03:02:33
23) Hamlet says that he is a "Rogue and Peasant Slave" because he is working for his father (or his fathers ghost) as a slave, to seek his fathers vengeance by acting mad.
25) Hamlet believes that he need proof because it was a ghost who prompted him to vengeance and the ghost may or may not be working for the devil.
cmclean867 said May 11, 2012 12:20:52
13) Polonius diagnoses Hamlet to the King and Queen, saying he is mad and lists the symptoms (depression, fatigue, lack of appetite, etc.) Polonius then explains he noticed Hamlet's wanderings and plans to send Ophelia out to him and spy on their conversation behind an Arras with the King.
15) Polonius is saying that Hamlet is so in love that he's crazy, but that in a way all people go crazy when they are in love, just not quite to Hamlet's extent.
cjules986 said May 12, 2012 04:28:08
17. Hamlet sees knows that Rosencrantz and Guildenstern were sent by King Claudius to see why Hamlet is going crazy. Hamlet tells them how depressed he is and how he's given up on everything to fool King Claudius into thinking he's lost it.
21. Hamlet is likes Pyrrhus because he is also seeking revenge for his father and he too delays to kill the murderer. In the end, Pyrrhus ends up killing Priam, which is something Hamlet has yet to do.
23. Hamlet exclaims, "O, what a rogue and peasant salve am I!" because the player is telling this story with so much emotion; with "tears in his eyes" and a "broken voice". However, Hamlet can't seem to act upon the real things that are happening to him and calls himself a coward.